Writing is an integral part of student life. Written assignments are considered the best tools to evaluate students’ knowledge of one or another subject. At the same time, they give a good opportunity to develop text creation skills and analytical thinking. However, writing of essays is one of the most boring tasks to do. Students think it is difficult because the majority of them don’t know how to begin.
The secret of successful writing lies in logical text coherence. To make text logical, it is useful to remember that each academic assignment should have the introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. Moreover, it is important to mention that the main idea of the text should be reflected in the thesis statement placed at the very end of the first part. This place is considered the best one because further three paragraphs will be used to prove it.
American Dream Thesis Statement Examples
Topics for small essays may vary depending on a particular course. However, it is not surprising that history course students write essays concerning some important historical concepts such as, for example, American dream. Such topics are very disputable; therefore, it can be very difficult to create a thesis statement for them. So, we decided to collect and present you the best examples of thesis statements on the topic of American dream:
- Ideas included into definition of American dream were the engine of the War of Independence.
- American dream is the ultimate goal of all free-thinking people regardless their nationality and mother-tongue because it is a reflection of liberal ideals.
- American dream is the pursuit of welfare in all spheres.
- Standards of American dream are universal.
- The definition of American dream is totally distorted nowadays.
- The Founding Fathers established the foundation of American dream by introducing the values of equal rights and freedom.
- The definition of American dream by James Adams had a major influence on the political decisions of the mid-20th century.
- The Liberty Statue is the best symbol of American dream.
- Good education and career development is the best way to achieve American dream standards.
- Standards of the classic American dream presuppose self-actualization.
- American dream as defined by James Adams was the best motivation to overcome crisis in the period of the Great Depression.
- American dream as a basis for the Declaration of Independence specified direction for further development of the United States as a democratic country.
- The idea of equal rights underlying American dream helped to unite people of different nationalities into one great American nation.
- American dream is the basis for gender and racial equality.
- American dream made self-actualization possible for people from different social classes.
Using one of these statements, you will be able to compose an excellent essay about American dream. Eventually, all you should do with such a thesis statement is to find strong supporting arguments to prove it and summarize all of them in conclusion to emphasize the main idea once again.