Writing a thesis statement on happiness is one of the most critical elements in writing a cogent paper. The reason is that your thesis statement acts as the primary controlling idea that gives your paper that much-needed cohesion and sense of direction. Also, your statement lets you give your paper a center of focus as they read your assignment.
Writing your thesis statement will require you to come up with a proper sense of objectivity. You need to ensure that it shows the reader how they can achieve your stated goal. Third, make the statement clearer and allow your reader to identify it easily. Placing the statement at the end of your introduction will also allow your reader to transition seamlessly from the introduction to the body of the paper. You should also remember to make your statement debatable since happiness means different things to different people.
Sample Thesis Statements on Happiness
- Money is not the key to happiness because if it were, then the rich would be the happiest people
- Having a happy marriage does not depend on the abundance of material things because if it did, then the rich could not be divorcing
- Finding happiness at the place of work should not be limited to monetary compensation alone since other factors such as working conditions affect worker’s satisfaction at work
- Even though happiness in one’s career is important, is should not be a pursuit, but rather, a byproduct of achieving one’s goals
- Pursuing happiness is like placing the cart before the horse; on the contrary, pursuing and achieving goals brings happiness. That is why winners celebrate automatically when they step on winners’ podiums
- Happiness in marriage does not depend on external things since other factors such as broken trust lead to misery and broken homes
- Happiness in life does not depend on the quantity of things one has, but rather, on the quality of contentment of one’s heart because the happiest people on earth are not the richest
- If a person cannot find happiness in what they already have, it is impossible to get happier with what they don’t have because if one is content with the little, he or she will be content with much
- True happiness does not lie in amassing material things but it sharing them with others because we are not happy with what we have unless it also makes other people happy
- If people do not find happiness from within, they cannot find it outside themselves since external circumstances are temporary and beyond our absolute control
Writing a thesis statement on happiness should consider several factors to allow your readers have a smooth navigation of your paper. You should pay attention to clarity, the inclusion of purpose, and positioning to give your paper a smooth transitioning to the body paragraphs. We believe the ideas and sample statements we have shared will help you improve your writing in this area.