The ability to write perfectly is very important for each student because evaluation of their knowledge is usually made with the help of different written assignments. However, some students think that writing is a torture. In fact, their problem is that they cannot figure out the structure of an essay. Certainly, everybody knows that each text should include the introduction, the main part, and conclusion, but where is the place for the central idea? It should be given in a form of a thesis statement – one sentence at the very end of the first paragraph. It should be placed there because further three passages will be used to support this idea.
Romeo and Juliet Thesis Statement Examples
Topics of some essays can be devoted not only to different significant problems but to classic works of literature as well. Therefore, students sometimes face the necessity of making a thesis statement on a particular book, for example, “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare. However, writing of a thesis may take too much time; therefore, we would like to present the list of thesis statement examples about Romeo and Juliet:
- Romantic relationship between Romeo and Juliet might be the reason for reconciliation of two rival clans.
- Unhappy love is not the reason to die for, and the story of Romeo and Juliet proves it.
- Fate plays an important role in the play because it brings Romeo and Juliet together and eventually causes their death.
- The play about Romeo and Juliet is a good example of dichotomous thinking.
- This play might have another end if some characters were braver.
- Romeo and Juliet’s death was caused by their own foolishness.
- Romeo and Juliet truly loved each other, but they could have avoided tragic end if they had been sincerer with their parents.
- Juliet’s relationship with her parents changed from submissive and respectful to self-sufficient very fast.
- While the prologue suggests that protagonists’ death is preordained, reckless actions of Romeo, Juliet and the Friar actually caused the young lovers’ death.
- Fear is the bad advisor, and Juliet’s fear to be unmasked by her parents proves it.
- Juliet’s newfound loyalty to Romeo turns her from obedient and loving daughter to defiant and secretive person.
- Romeo could have become the first Montague to end the war between two families.
- Relationship between Romeo and Juliet could have been happy if their parents had discovered the truth earlier.
- The decision to escape to another town was wrong for both Romeo and Juliet.
- Sincere conversation between representatives of two clans could have solved all problems.
The rest of the work is done easier and faster when a thesis statement is presented. To make your argumentation more persuasive, you may take several suitable quotes from the text itself and include them into the body paragraphs along with insightful analysis. In this way, you will write an essay about Romeo and Juliet quickly.