Modern students have many tasks to do, and the majority of them should be done in the written form. Young people have to write practically every day because the creation of texts on certain topics helps to evaluate their knowledge and scope.
It seems to be boring always write different essays, articles, papers, reports, etc., but, some professors have a very creative approach and try to develop students’ writing skills by means of provocative assignments to do. They may assign to the student to write the paper about interesting but cruel things such as family abuse. That’s the topic to break student’s head!
Of course, each person heard about such families. Maybe, somebody even has a friend who became a victim of cruel treatment. This phenomenon is very hard to be discussed, but it is necessary to highlight the problem somehow because violence always must be punished. So, if you have such topic to discuss in your essay, you should firstly formulate your thesis statement that will express the main idea of your work. Certainly, you may have some troubles with it, and you can just don’t know how to start. In this case, you can use the list of some ideas given below.
Thesis Statements Examples on Domestic Violence
- Helping a victim of domestic violence is a hard task because much violence remains unnoticed. The first step of assistance is the victim’s report that may help detect violence and stop it.
- Government should build more special centers for women suffered from family abuse.
- Home bullying shouldn’t go unpunished.
- Children in the abusive family have psychological traumas.
- All member of the family needs psychological help after being abused.
- Children suffered from domestic violence need rehabilitation badly.
- Family bullying may have various psychological reasons.
- If your friend is the victim of home violence you should assure her to go to the police because abuser should be punished.
- Abuser lawful correction should be very severe.
- Police should have a right to stand against domestic abuse.
- Co-dependency is considered to be the basis of home bullying.
- Psychological factors of co-dependency increase the risk of being abused.
- It is very difficult to avoid violence in your own family if you were abused in your childhood.
- If your husband is the abuser, you need to divorce him.
- The state of co-dependency needs treatment as a background of home bullying.
- Emotional violence in the family has a great influence on human self-esteem.
You can choose the main idea from this list or think it out by yourself. After choosing the topic, you should give some arguments to disclose it. Usually, three substantial arguments should be used in the paper. You can read some psychological articles, books, researches or find some blogs concerning the problem. You may find blogs of people who suffered from abuse in their childhood or in adult life or you can even do your own survey among your friends. Try to be polite, correct and understanding. Violence is very difficult subject to speak especially for those people who have first-hand knowledge of it. Thus, it may happen so that people won’t discuss it with you at all, and it is quite reasonable for them to avoid talking about it.
Such task may be hard to do but try to keep calm and remember that somebody should tell about unpleasant things, ways of rehabilitation, abuser punishment and return to normal life because it is essential for victims to know that they are not alone in their misery, they have ways to change the situation and others will support them.
Be careful about human suffering because bullying and other types of violence can happen in different situations and with different people, and the aim of the task devoted to the question of bullying is to give hope to somebody who wants to escape from the nightmare in real life. So, try to give support to victims and look for preventive measures in such cases. You cannot change the world with the help of one essay, but you can provide the idea of that the situation can be changed.