The quality of any essay can be judged from the strength of the thesis statement adopted. Have you been asked to write a thesis statement before? Perhaps have not or you have and the experience was not one that you can wish having a repeat of. Mostly, learners who find the development of a thesis statement for any essay quite challenging is because they do not take some time to prepare for the entire essay writing process. The process of writing an essay entails the choice of a topic, which is followed by the development of a thesis to guide you throughout the writing process as far as the scope of your essay is concerned.
Perhaps you are required to write an essay on feminism and you are not sure where to start-it is advisable that you develop a strong thesis statement on feminism. How then do you come up with such a thesis statement? It is simple; take some time to think about your subject, in this case feminism; what is your specific interest as far as this subject is concerned. Such questions will help you to open up your mind and hence, come up with a scope for your essay.
Feminism thesis statement examples
Here are a few examples that you can consider:
- The importance of the subject of gender is entirely not on women, but is, actually, the critique regarding the standard as depicted in masculinity discussions, that anyone ought to orient themselves. The role of women, as gender, is only attributable to the fact that they did raise concerns about the subject of masculinity the first ones.
- Agreeing to the abolishment of gender clichés is an appropriate approach, but can actually distract individuals from talking about the real problem.
- The subject of masculinity is not always about the “male” gender, but a subject that entails the criticism of the patriarchal order by men and, the support of this order by the women.
- Women, considerably, are deficient humans; such characterization has created numerous differences of age, sexual orientation, skin color, among others.
- The Enlightenment era had adverse impacts in the legitimacy of the gender hierarchies and hence, increased the womanhood and manhood biological clichés.
- The primary focus of the subject of patriarchy has been to offer an interpretation of human differences as opposed to attributing particular clichés to a given type of gender.
- It is practically impossible to achieve the freedom of women through eliminating them.
- People are diverse for a number of reasons, whether socially or biologically-aligned.
- The actions of any given individual have something to do with their social background.
- Liberal politics involves a creative as well as appropriate manner of dealing with people’s inequalities as opposed to all people’s equality claim.
- Acknowledging the diversity among women is a suitable feminist strategy as far as enhancing their visibility is concerned.
- Free womanhood does not imply being separated from, or assimilated into masculine.
- Women and men have asymmetrical but determinable difference is only noticeable in concrete situations and in some cases, not.
- Overcoming gender dualism does not culminate to a genderless society but leads to versatility in gender within the society.
- It is important to have more than one gender types.
While these are suitable examples that you can work on; remember that the best essay ought to be founded on your interests and capabilities. As such, adopt a thesis statement that you are sure to work with and create a high-quality essay.