The modern system of higher education imposes high requirements on students, that why they have to prove their knowledge of different subjects by the creation of written works for practically each of them. There are many types of such assignments: essays, compositions, articles, reports, etc. So, students have to write a lot, and sometimes they have problems with writing. Moreover, it’s very boring to do similar tasks day by day.
But, one subject is divergent – creative writing. In this class students choose topics for their future essays themselves, professors may just define the array of issues to discuss. Usually, they tried to point out some actual problems, for example, environmental protection. This issue is very talkative and provocative because environmental pollution is one of the most pressing problems of modern society all over the world. Hence, every student has something to say and to suggest the way of solving the problem. This issue can be subdivided into many various neighboring fields such as global warming, greenhouse effect, ozone layer destruction, etc.
So, how should you act, if you have the assignment to compose the text concerning such subject? First of all, you should find a thesis statement for your future paper. It is the sentence that will clearly define the idea and the subject of the text, the so-called basis of your work that you should approve by suitable arguments and your own point of view. Thus, it is quite natural that this part of the work, the very beginning, can cause some difficulties. It is so because you don’t have any basis for the plan.
If you cannot think of the statement by yourself, you can choose it from the list suggested below.
Global Warming Thesis Statement Examples
- Global warming is a real threat to worry about.
- Scientists give different prognoses about global warming.
- Global warming has great influence on weather conditions.
- Global warming is one of the main causes of climate change.
- Aerosol use can be one of the cause of climate change.
- Stop of ozone layer destruction will help to stop climate change.
- Different causes of ozone layer destruction have been already proved.
- The speed of ozone layer destruction should be reduced at all cost.
- Glaciers melting is one of the worst effect of climate change.
- High solar activity is a serious effect of ozone layer depletion.
- Cosmic radiation threatens us because of ozone layer depletion.
- Oxygen quantity reduction can cause greenhouse effect.
- Greenhouse effect has climate change as a consequence.
- Fuel combustion is officially considered the cause of greenhouse effect.
- Reduction of greenhouse effect will help to stop climate change.
The list consists of approximate thesis statements to choose which you can just take or firstly change if it necessary and then use in your essay.
Remember that each essay should also have the introduction, the body paragraphs, and the conclusion. Moreover, you have to find different arguments to prove your idea, three arguments usually enough. Don’t forget to place them in the schematic order: it is better to begin the body of the text with the strongest argument and give the weakest one in the last body paragraph. Such organization will make your essay more persuasive and draw people attention to the conclusion in that you will express your standpoint and your vision of problem-solving.
Our planet is a beautiful place to live; it is a lovely home for humanity and various kinds of animals and plants; it has picturesque views: mountains, rivers, oceans, and if we want to save the planet in its original appearance we should do it together. So, it is important to discuss this thing because it is vital for each person to be careful to nature and try to avoid pollution of the environment that causes other harmful processes.