Student life is full of various academic tasks. Usually, the majority of students have to pass many different written assignments: essays, articles, etc. Sometimes, it seems to be boring only to write all the time, but written assignments give a good opportunity to evaluate students’ knowledge of the subject. They also provide the opportunity to develop writing skills and the art of persuasion.
Professors of modern educational institutions try to make the educational process more and more interesting, that’s why they like to add some interesting and provocative topics that could be discussed from various points of view, and gun control is one of them. This subject can be discussed in the light of increasing crime rate or as a topic related to warfare in different parts of the world.
All in all, if you have to do the work devoted to such subject, you should firstly create a thesis statement. It is a sentence which gives the brief explanation of the subject of your paper. It should describe what your work is about and represent the topic clearly. So, to fulfill the task, you should think about the issue.
Gun Control Thesis Statements Examples
The topic of arms control can be discussed from different standpoints, and it’s easy to create the thesis statement about the subject. You can write about free arms distribution as a mean of crime rate decreasing because this way is widely-spread in the USA. According to the United States Constitution, all citizens have a right to have guns, and the crime rate in this country is lower than in those countries where arm selling is limited or strictly prohibited. In this case, you may give various arguments concerning all advantages and disadvantages of such approach, you may speak about the criminal responsibility for self-defense measures excess in case of fire-arms use or devote your work to the behavior of people who have an opportunity to use arms.
But, if you have any difficulties, here you may find the list of approximate thesis issues which can be used as your future work basis:
- The government should have different ways of gun control.
- Firearms license should become obligatory for citizens.
- Authorization to possess weapons must be necessary.
- People who want to possess weapons should bу examined by experienced doctors.
- Free firearms selling should be permitted.
- Free firearms selling should be strictly prohibited.
- Free firearms selling is an excellent mean of crime rate decreasing in the USA.
- Weapon registration must become more serious.
- Weapon employment should be acceptable only in case of danger to life.
- Self-defense with weapon employment should be permitted only after special training.
- Self-defense measures excess should involve criminal responsibility.
- Illegal gun keeping should involve criminal responsibility.
- Free firearms distribution has several advantages.
- Free firearms distribution has several disadvantages.
- Partial free gun distribution should be permitted.
- Partial free gun distribution should be prohibited.
You may choose one statement as a problem from the list given above and use it in your future essay, or you may change one of these statements according to your own views on the problem and according to the audience in which you will present the work. All the aspects in the list are very catchy and suitable for various types of essays, especially argumentative or persuasive because it’s very simple not only to express your own standpoint concerning the subject but also to collect various arguments to use in the essay, and clearly explain why your position should be considered right.