Modern technology develops at an unprecedented pace, so that people’s minds can hardly catch up with it and assess its real-life value or dangers for the people, the planet, the world as such. Children of the 21st century learn to use gadgets much earlier than they learn to read, which is a positive trend of tech-savvy humanity, but it at the same time poses doubts about where the humanity is heading. Newest technologies for identity tracking, monitoring chips for individuals, sophisticated intelligence technologies, built-in devices that become a part of the human organism… Will there be a place for humans and traditional human values in such a tech-savvy world of the future?
All these questions remain highly perplexing for the majority of people worldwide. Similar to the long-term negative effects of smoking that were poorly understood in the middle of the 20th century and allowed tobacco producers to advertise cigarettes as healthy lifestyle, modern gadgets may also be poorly understood in terms of their negative impact on people, especially children. Hence, given the problematic is still acute and there is no agreement about the real nature of technology impact on the humankind, you may receive an assignment to write about technology. You should be creative to impress your tutor – here are some ideas to make that happen.
Technology Thesis Statements for Your Use
Look at the following list of samples, and use any of them to make your essay appealing and catchy:
- Modern technology does not move the humanity forward, but contributes to human laziness and simplification of basic daily routines.
- With new tracking technologies, terrorism will soon be terminated.
- Emergence of new progressive devices challenges human privacy and creates the digital world in which no secrets can be kept from machines.
- Latest advancements in criminal technology and forensics open up new insights into century-old crimes.
- Technological developments bring greater safety to human homes, cars, and workplaces, but at the expense of privacy and confidentiality.
- The long-term effects of living in a technological world are still not understood entirely, and the modern generation can hardly say whether they are positive or negative.
- Negative effects of technological advancements so beloved by modern people are yet to be understood, presumably by future generations.
- Social media, texting, cell phones, and the commonplace use of Internet are making the world smaller, not bigger as the majority of people tend to think.
- Technology irreversibly changes the ways in which people interact with each other and perceive face-to-face communication and interactions.
- Genetic engineering is a highly controversial technology of modernity that promises to solve many human problems but at the same time undermines the very value of human lives.
- Digital learning is a new trend that has far-reaching implications for the overall development of human intellect in future.
- The Internet has become a major breaking technological innovation of the recent decades, but it is growing uncontrollably and hosts many criminals and perverts using it for their evil purposes. Hence, there is a need for better control and censorship of Internet content for children’s and adults’ safety.
- Getting identity chips is a new stage of total technological control over the humanity.
- Technological developments should be universal and people all over the world should have equal access to these virtues of modernity.
- Genetically modified food is not a solution to global famine; it is a threat to nature and its unwise use before thorough testing can undermine the eco-system of the Earth.