Social media is everywhere; it has changed the world in which we live and has affected global communication. While a couple of decades ago, people had to spend enormous sums of money on phone calls or waited for months to send and receive a paper letter, social media and networks have emerged to enable unlimited, instant, and free global communication. With the help of this innovation, people have become closer to each other and can share information and multimedia, exchange messages, and track each other’s online activity with their social accounts.
However, this trend is not seen as a positive change only; while people have become closer and erased the geographical boundaries in communication, this has not in any way made communication heartier or simpler. With so many opportunities for socializing, people are as lonely as never before, and even having hundreds of friends online does not guarantee you sincerity and closeness of relationships. Given such a contradictory nature of social media, there is so much interest in researching this topic, so you can receive an assignment on social media writing at any moment.
Thesis Statements for Writing about Social Media
- There is a special type of communication ethics in social media – Netiquette; every user of social media should follow it for socialization to be ethical and follow norms of the code.
- Micro-blogging is a byproduct of social media development that is also gaining force and popularity among users.
- Spending much time in social media may cause elevated levels of physical isolation of people and a lack of face-to-face communication.
- Not everything published online is true; the difference between what a person tries to seem in the social media posts and what he/she is in reality is sometimes huge.
- Social media is ever more embraced by marketers and advertisers, thus losing their original sense of fostering human communication.
- Doing business via social networks is easier than establishing a real-life, physical business entity.
- SMM has outlived itself and people are tired of seeing commercial posts in abundance in their social networks.
- Twitter is gradually losing popularity as a form of social networks, so it requires some rebranding or repurposing to revive.
- Social media conversations are a powerful, rich source of information for brand, product, and service analysts.
- It is recommended to use social media with discretion for those wishing to find a reputable job; recruiters are increasingly prone to monitor online activities of job candidates.
- Children are getting tech-savvy at an earlier age nowadays, so they should be provided with education on how to protect themselves from cyber-bullying and fraud online.
- Social media use makes it easy to disguise one’s personality, so pedophiles and criminals may look for their victims online. It is thus needed to ensure better identity confirmation mechanisms online.
- Social networks have become an excellent tool for collecting free customer feedback; it is enough to make a controversial post and urge comments from users.
- The social web is a powerful resource for the company’s reputation building, so each business entity should keep track of comments online about its products and services.
- Social media may be a vital resource for finding a mate; due to sophisticated search and criteria selection opportunities, numerous users of Facebook, Google+, etc. are finding their ideal partners.
Using these thesis statements, or writing your own ones according to the samples, you are guaranteed excellent marks for the writing projects about social media. Use our expert advice and boost your writing grades!